Генеральная Ассамблея ООН
Joint Statement by the Ministers of Foreign Affairs of the Islamic Republic of Iran, the Russian Federation and the Republic of Turkey on Syria, New York, 24 September 2019
The Ministers of Foreign Affairs of the Islamic Republic of Iran, the Russian Federation and the Republic of Turkey as guarantors of the Astana format held a trilateral meeting on the margins of the 74th meeting of UN General Assembly.
1. Reaffirmed the strong commitment of the Astana guarantors to the sovereignty, independence, unity and territorial integrity of the Syrian Arab Republic and emphasized that these principles should be respected by all sides.
2. Welcomed the finalization of the establishment process of the Constitutional Committee as a result of the completion of its composition at the last Tripartite Summit held in Ankara on 16 September 2019 and the agreement on 23 September 2019 by the Syrian parties on the rules of procedure which was facilitated by the Astana guarantors in coordination with the UN Secretary-General’s Special Envoy on Syria;
3. Expressed their determination to support the work of the Constitutional Committee through continuous interaction with the Syrian parties and the UN Secretary-General’s Special Envoy on Syria;
4. Agreed to help convene the first session of the Constitutional Committee in Geneva;
5. Emphasized that this crucial step will pave the way for a viable and lasting Syrian-led, Syrian-owned and UN-facilitated political process in line with the decisions of the Syrian National Dialogue Congress in Sochi and the UN Security Council resolution 2254.